Saturday, November 21, 2015

Updates

It's funny how long it takes to get closure on an event like going abroad. There are so many things that you experience: some good and some bad. I have learned that the bad do not define the experience, but neither do the good. How your experience is is what you choose to remember. This does not mean the bad or good didn't happen, it just means that they are tempered by either other, and in the end, you choose which one is more prominent.

I often wake from dreaming about being abroad, just as I dream about home, or Roanoke sometimes. But the dreams -- and daydreams -- from abroad are more vivid. I can almost taste them sometimes. They are magical, upsetting, and wonderful. They sweep you up and then they let you down -- sometimes, with a crash. Other times, with a soft touchdown.

There is news that I wanted to update here -- firstly, that I am proud to be a global ambassador for my university, a high honor, and secondly, that I will be going to Jamaica in the Spring semester of my senior year .I will be updating then, after I return.

Be sure to tune in there.

Best always,

~ Emery

No comments:

Post a Comment