Thursday, March 12, 2015

Stonehenge


Hello all!


Alright -- so the thing I've most been looking forward to writing. Stonehenge. Popular for good reason, I absolutely fell in love with this amazing place. There's just something in the land that feels incredibly powerful. It is the wildness of nature and it makes you want to catch your breath. The fact that the very place exists? Well, that's pretty amazing too. This blog post is going to be pretty short, since we were only there for 1-2 hours. But I thought it was special enough that it warranted its own post. It did, after all, feel somewhat like a pilgrimage. There's just something so incredible -- historically and otherwise -- about a place that has been around for so long. In addition, there has been a great movement to try and allow the landscape around Stonehenge to go back to being as wild as it used to be. Personally, I think that's pretty cool. But then, I'm a big fan of the old ways . . . I think it is easier to see beauty when you are surrounded by the simple, important things in life. I am actually not a fan of technology, ironic as it may seem, but I do think it has great benefits and to not use those would be foolish. Still, places like Stonehenge, that were made without machines do radiate a certain kind of power and even here, where man triumphed over earth, the powers of the earth are still quite visable. When we were there, there was a great wind that rattled through the place. It was quite funny to me actually, when we were trying to take photos, as I felt like Marilyn Monroe, but maybe a bit colder.
Here, you should be able to see why.
I'm very windblown, as you can see.

As you all know what Stonehenge looks like, I'm only including a few photos, even though I took billions.

Approaching. 

Close


Leaving. :(

A few more thoughts before I leave you all -- 

I have, in fact, succeeded in my post week, post card plan. I have been sending out postcards every Thursday. I have made a list! And if I have your address, you will be likely getting one soon. 

I also have been able to cook successfully, a little. I am excited about this, so I am going to post a photo of my level 1 nachos. Because I can. Please don't hate me. 

That's all for now -- 

Until next time!

~ Emery




No comments:

Post a Comment