Tuesday, February 10, 2015

National Gallery



So, sometime last night, AFTER my flatmate and I enjoyed Pizza, she invited me along with her to the National Gallery. Even though I'm not the biggest museum person, I decided it would be fun. So, today, we set off at about noon. It was amazing and I'm so glad I went. They were the most vivid, moving and alive paintings I'd ever seen in a museum. We weren't allowed to take photos much (AGAIN) but I loved this artist named Peder Balke. There were many others too but I didn't catch their names. There were so many paintings that I could have written stories about though, it was amazing.
My flatmate and I spent a good amount of time looking at the impressionist stuff too, which was really cool. The colors were amazing.
After we had had enough for one day of all this amazing art, we walked around for a bit, then had lunch at this really good Italian place. I felt very silly ordering a Burger, but it was what I was hungry for and I figured it would be very different. I was right. And it was INCREDIBLE. It was really well seasoned and made beef with mayo (no ketchup), onion, and tomato. No cheese. But it was easily one of the best burgers I have ever had and the chips (fries) weren't bad either. The lemon drink was really wonderful as well, which made me happy because in France . . . well, let's just say it's not their specialty (it tastes like lemon water. Mild lemon water.).
ANYWAYS so, the food was amazing. After that, my flatmate and I wandered around a big shop a little (the area was very cool. There was a live band playing when we came out of the subway and better yet, they were playing Sting's SOS!) in which the clothes were very cute, grabbed "the evening post" then headed home. It was very lovely short day.

Here are the photos -- not very grand or many. That I took. Enjoy!






Until next time!
~ E


No comments:

Post a Comment